- 8-10 graham crackers
- 6 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 4 tbsp. flour
- 1 28 oz. sweet potatoes drained
- You will need a 8 or 9 inch spring form pan for this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350.
To make crust:
- Place graham crackers in a food processor and pulse to make fine crumbs.
- Place crumbs in a bowl and add butter and stir well to combine.
- Mixture should be sticky and when pressed together should clump. If you think it is too dry add another tbsp. of butter
- Pour mixture into bottom of your spring form pan. Spread mixture evenly and gently press down. Use the bottom of a cup or small glass to press down and gently move the crumbs up the side of the pan pressing as you go. You want the crust at least ¼ or ½ way up the sides.
To make filling:
- In a mixing bowl place cream cheese and sugar. Mix well till well blended and light.
- Add 1 egg at a time mixing thoroughly after each egg.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl place sweet potato and mix until smooth add to cheesecake mixture along with flour and mix well to completely combine and until smooth.Pour mixture into pan a nd plce on middle rack of oven.
- Bake for 1 hour 1o 1 hour and 15 minute.
- Let cool before removing from pan.