- 1 whole duck
- 2 celery ribs diced
- ¼ cup carrots diced
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray your roasting pan with nonstick spray.
- Remove your duck from package and remove the innards in cavity.
- Wash with cold water inside and out and allow to drain and dry for a few minutes and then pat dry with a paper towel or kitchen towel.
- Generously season duck with seasoning mixture all over and also inside of cavity.
- Place diced vegetables on bottom of roasting pan and place duck on top.
- Place in oven and roast until internal temperature reaches 165 and the juices run clear.
- Whatever you do, do not throw out the juices and fat from your pan. These dripping are gold and can be used for a variety of cooking.