- 3 leeks sliced white part only diced and washed leeks have many layers and are grown in sand. Whenever you use leeks it is best to submerge them in cold water after they are sliced.
- 1 ½ pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes halved
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2/3 cups cream
- 1 tsp. chicken base
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the leeks using the white part only.
- Place the sliced leeks in a large bowl of cold water and swirl around.
- Slice potatoes in half and place in a large sauce pan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until tender.
- Remove leeks from water and place in a colander. Don’t pour them in or you will pour the dirt back into them.
- Pour the tender potatoes into colander on top of leeks and let drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt butter and add olive oil.
- Add garlic and lightly saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add leeks and potatoes and gently stir to combine.
- Cook you potatoes and leeks until you get just a little color on them and slightly browned stirring frequently.
- Add chicken base and cream and gently stir to combine.
- Salt and pepper to taste.