- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cups diced butter chilled
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6-7 tbsp. ice water
- 2 lbs. frozen mixed berries (strawberries, blackberries,
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Add butter and using a fork or your fingers work butter into dry mixture until it resembles meal.
- Add ice water 2 tbsp. at a time working it in until dough form.
- Turn out on a lightly floured surface.
- Form into a ball and wrap with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
Filling & Construction
- In a large bowl mix together all filling ingredients until completely combined.
- Cut your dough in half and roll out one piece to line your baking dish.
- Pour berry mixture into baking dish.
- Roll out 2nd piece of dough to cover cobbler.
- Seal edges and vent. Brush with egg wash and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes.