- 1 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. finely minced onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/3 cup fresh minced tomato
- 8 ounces chorizo
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 12 baby red potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup shredded mixed cheese cheddar, jack
- Cut the ends off of potatoes to make them sit evenly.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper wrap potatoes in foil and place in 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes or until soft. When potatoes are done remove from remove from oven and let cool.
- In a skillet over medium heat melt butter.
- Add onion, chorizo, garlic and tomato.
- Stir and cook until chorizo is done about 3-4 minutes.
- Add bread crumbs and chicken broth and stir to completely combine.
- Salt and pepper to taste let mixture cool.
- Scoop out the potatoes to hollow out middle. This can be done using a steak knife to carefully cut around the edge of the potato and then using a small spoon to scoop out potato, a melon baller also works well. Fill potatoes with chorizo mixture and top with cheese and place in 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.