- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup brown rice
- ½ cup wild rice
- 2 ½ cup hot water
- 1 tbsp. chicken base
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pan over medium high heat place olive oil.
- Add rice and saute stirring often until rice just starts to brown.
- Slowly add hot water and bring to a boil add chicken base and stir to combine.
- Turn off heat and cove tightly for 15-20 minutes.
- If after 15-20 minute your rice is not done just add a little more water and bring back to a boil and cover again.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter and then add pecans.
- Lightly saute for about 1 minute stirring continuously.
- Add pecans to rice mixture and stir to combine.
- Salt and pepper to taste.