- 3 ripe bananas speckled ripe
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- These babies work best with very ripe bananas and I always used speckled bananas whwn I make these. The riper the banana the sweeter.
- In a large bowl place bananas and mash with a fork to really mush them up.”Mush them up” is a very technical cooking term.
- Add egg, cinnamon and sugar and mix well to completely combine.
- Add flour, baking powder and milk and again mix well to completely combine.
- Drop batter by Tablespoons into preheated 350-degree oil. Fry batter turning as needed until evenly browned.These will puff up as they cook so make sure to turn them as needed to cook evenly.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.