Tomato and Asparagus Salad
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 quart water
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- In a medium sauce pan over high heat place water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a low and add asparagus.
- Blanch asparagus for about 2 minutes then remove from water and drain well.
- In a large bowl add tomato, onion, garlic.
- Cut asparagus into thirds and add to bowl.
- Add blue cheese.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice and stir very well to combine and pour over salad.
- Add oregano and toss to combine.
- Salt and pepper to taste.