Nothing says football like chili, whether munching on a bowl while watching the game or filling up at half time. This is no ordinary chili…This is the Texas Chef’s…
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 small green bell pepper diced
- 1 small red bell pepper diced
- 1 large jalapeno diced
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 can white beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 4 tbsp cumin
- In a large pot, over medium high heat, place butter.
- Add onions, peppers and minced garlic.
- Stir well and cook until soft.
- Add ½ cup bourbon and stir well and cook until almost evaporated.
- Add ground beef and stir well cook until ground beef is done.
- Add flour and stir well until completely combined.
- Add diced tomatoes and beef broth stir until completely combined.
- Drain beans well and add to chili and stir.
- Add chili powder and cumin and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add ½ cup bourbon and stir well.
- Reduce heat to low simmer and let simmer for about ½ hour stirring occasionally.