Are you looking for a great Saturday morning or Sunday morning breakfast dish. Maybe you need a special breakfast for company or guests. Well, this is one that is sure to please and it is packed with the flavors of Texas. This Texas breakfast casserole has brisket and jalapeno, and a little bit of the flavors of the west.
It is not complicated to make and can feed a house full and put smiles on their faces. All you need is an oven and a hungry crew. So let’s get a little of our cowboy on and welcome to Texas.
Texas Breakfast Casserole
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup cheese shredded, mixed
- 1 cup brisket chopped
- 2 tbsp onion chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos stemmed, seeded and diced
- 1 cup red & green bell pepper chopped (optional)
- In a large bowl beat eggs. Add all other ingredients and mix well. Spray a baking pan with non-stick spray. Pour mixture into baking pan and place in a preheated 350 degree oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Right before it is ready mix together: 1 cup mixed shredded cheese 2 tbsp chive 1/2 cup diced tomato Spread evenly on top of casserole. Place back in oven until cheese is melted. Serve this up with some good home fries and some buttermilk biscuits gravy, but be careful - your guests may never leave.