Oven-roasted Asparagus with Blue Cheese
- 1 quart water
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 bunch medium-size asparagus (This recipe does not work well with the small pencil size.)
- 2-3 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1-2 tbsp. blue cheese crumbles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over high heat, place water and baking soda and bring to a boil.
- Add asparagus and reduce heat to simmer.
- Blanch the asparagus for 2-3 minutes and then remove and place in ice water.
- Drain asparagus well and place in a bowl add melted butter, garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and place in pre-heated 350 degree oven.
- Roast for about 5-7 minutes.
- Place on serving dish and sprinkle blue cheese crumbles on top.