I love shortbread cookies. They are my all-time favorite cookie. Now don’t get me wrong, I do not think I have ever met a cookie that I didn’t, but when it comes to what I like and what I want, I will pick shortbread every time. This recipe is very easy and pretty tasty and these cookies I am sure will be a hit.
Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp shortening or softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. In a mixing bowl, mix butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until well blended. Mix in flour until completely combined. Add shortening or melted butter and stir until combined. Turn out dough on a very lightly floured surface. Roll out dough to ¼ - ½ inch thick and cut out cookies. Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet and place in oven for 14-16 minutes (bottoms will be slightly browned). Let cool completely.
- Over a double boiler place chocolate chips and stir until completely melted and smooth. Dip one half of cookie in chocolate and place on wax paper to set.